Jay’s Status Report for 3/19

This week I had several revelations regarding the flow of the project related to scheduling and the work itself.

1. Progress on the webapp is slower than I had anticipated. While we have the basics working for OAuth and various pages, I still haven’t integrated as much of the dynamic AJAX as I would’ve liked by this stage. I’m still struggling with the details of social-django as well, but I’m finding support documents as issues arise.
  2. I’m still trying to figure out how to use Bootstrap and perhaps ease the burden of CSS. I’m cognizant that this isn’t a majority component of the capstone, but given my inexperience with CSS I still would rather look into this.
  3. I’m realizing in our Gantt chart that we need to account for days when we would have less time to advance the project than we had planned. For example, days that the University gives us off like most recently spring break and the upcoming Carnival; or preparing documents and presentations for the Capstone. While we haven’t fully completed our revamp of the Gantt chart, we definitely need to shift some items and be realistic about our productive abilities on those days.

In the coming week, I hope to have a working version of the wireframes I presented earlier in the semester, perhaps not with live user data but with a set of dummy data.