Justin’s Status Report for April 10

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress.

I made a few adjustments to our physical setup to make it more stable. I moved the platforms closer so that the MIPI cables could support a full range of rotation. I also replaced the tape holding the jetson with screws and added a top screw to stabilize the platforms.

I also began setting up testing, which proved more difficult than expected. Our detection and tracking code is being implemented separately, and is still in progress. In order to speed up the integration, I began setting up the camera controls. This included installing the camera driver on the jetson and working a bit with the API. I am still working on enabling multiple cameras.

I also began planning which images and exact processes to use testing, but I still have a lot of work to do on this.

Our Robot Setup

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I am starting to fall behind a bit. I did not account for the detail and work necessary for integrating our work into one system. The planning and setup for the testing is also non-trivial.

Initial testing results for the robot’s search/detection and the editing algorithm. I did not finish these this week, but I hope to do this next week