Sids Status Report for April 30th

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project?

This week I focussed most of my work on working on finishing the integration of the system and beginning to procedures needed for testing.

On the integration side, we are debugging the PyTorch and Cuda versions on the Jetson since there was some compatibility issue that arose when we tried running the script that had the detection integrated with the camera simple search. Justin is currently taking a look at this and as soon as that is done we move on to testing the system implementation with our one camera approach we had discussed in the last meeting with Professor Savvides.

On the testing end, I looked through the WCS Camera Traps Dataset once more and this time looked for images that were not in our dataset and had pictures of different animals in a variety of orientations (all photographed well).

Some of these are attached below:

Once I finish printing out the pictures I can get the cut-outs and find a way to mount and place them so we can place them around the setup for testing. To test out different lighting conditions, I found a place we can use where we can control the light exposure and hence test at different distances and in different light conditions that simulate the real environment.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

My progress on the project is a little behind because I was unwell this last week. In the meantime, I made progress with Integration and Testing as described above and to get back on schedule I am going to focus all my effort on finishing the project in the coming few days. Once we finish debugging, I can spend time on testing and refining the system as needed which should be something that can be accomplished with repeated testing and tweaking of the system.

Finish testing and refining the system as much as we can in order to have a smooth and well-functioning demo

In the meantime, I will finish the deliverables as needed i.e. the poster, report and video.