Matthew Kuczynski’s Status Report for 4/10

This week I worked on preparing for our demo, so I worked with Darwin and finished writing some test scripts could should that our two subsystems could work together. Additionally, I worked with both Matt and Darwin to write a test that went through all three subsystems, which was demonstrated at our demo. These tests revealed flaws in my subsystem, so I also spent a significant amount of time debugging the code that I had already written. Once we had our demo working, I worked on the Arduino script for LED control and photodiode readings. Overall, I feel like I am on schedule since we made significant progress with the integration this week, however, we need the decoders to arrive or I will quickly fall behind. The biggest thing that I have left involves physical testing, which requires the hardware subsystem to be fully functioning. Next week, I plan to finish the Arduino script for LED control and photodiode readings. If the decoders come in, I will also begin physical testing, otherwise I will begin to work on multi-finger functionality.