Menu Close

Shane’s Status Report for 4/3

This past week, I continued work on the strainer mechanism. I redesigned the parts and submitted them for printing on Monday, but they have been delayed in actually printing. Techspark said that the order was processing on Tuesday, but has not completed. Because of delays such as this, and the high cost of printing with Techspark, our team decided to get my 3D printer from New Jersey. With Christina visiting New Jersey for the weekend, she will be able to grab my printer while she is there. This should lower our costs as well as our turnover period. While the CAD for the strainer mechanism, it has not affected my ability to continue work on the control tower, which we should also be able to 3D print now that we will have access to a personal 3D printer. We also met up this week to record some more footage and deal with some hardware aspects that we would need up to deal with. Next week, I expect to further design on the control tower, continue with the strainer arm once either the print completes or I get my printer, and start some work on the touchscreen UI.