Menu Close

Shane’s Status Report for 3/13

This week, I spent some more time doing CAD work. I was a bit delayed because our parts had not come in yet, but this amount of delay was within expectation. Although I didn’t have physical access to some of the parts, I used estimations and online resources to continue CAD work. Most of the work was done on the control tower. We spent some time as a team establishing what design we wanted to go for with the control tower. It would probably just contain the Jetson Nano, Arduino with the breakout board, and the power supply, so it wouldn’t have to be too large. However, we wanted a design that wouldn’t be too easy to knock over, as it would be on the table with people reaching over. I decided to go with a simple cylinder shape to start, as it would be better to not overly complicate things to start and we could re-prototype relatively quickly. I also did work on the Design Report, which is due next week.

For next week, I expect to do some rework on the CAD models with more exact dimensions, as parts have now come in. In addition, I want to get started on prototyping parts and also order a few more hardware parts that we will need for the strainer mechanism.