Menu Close

Isabel’s Status Report for 3/13

This week, I worked a lot on the actual design report, since that is due next week.  Last week when we were working on the actual presentation, I looked at the report itself, but didn’t add much to it.  This week, I, along with the rest of my team, worked a lot more on the report so that it is almost finished.  The parts I ordered also came in this week (though a little late in the week), so I was able to start playing around with those.  I found that the LEDs we ordered didn’t have header pins soldered on, so I wasn’t able to actually test those yes, but I will solder on some header pins this upcoming week.  Even though I couldn’t actually test the LEDs, I still got the Arduino set up to support them (since I had to install an Adafruit dependency), and I researched code online as for how people have coded the LEDs in the past, so I still have some dummy code.  I was able to connect the motors we ordered, so I did begin to play around with that and write some shell code, but it is not fully fleshed out or tested yet.

I may be a smidge behind since I expected the parts to come a little earlier in the week, but not to a concerning level.  This upcoming week, I will just have to spend a little more time experimenting than I planned.  I also had some slack built into my schedule for the week, so I will just have to push that.  Since I had this slack block, I’m not worried about my being one or two days behind.

In the next week, I hope to solder on header pins to the LEDs so I can actually test the code I have written, and I also want to test out the motors more and try to test their limits.  I also want to make a decision on the push buttons we are going to use (we were deciding whether or not we wanted to used some that Christina had lying around or order some off of Amazon), and get that order in, since shipping is a little longer than I anticipated.