Menu Close

Shane’s Status Report for 2/27

Shane’s Status Report for 2/27

This past week, I spent most of my time for this project preparing for and giving the presentation. I read over our slides and went over our key talking points to make sure I understood the flow of the presentation. I also made sure to think of any potential questions and concerns we could be asked about and prepared for them accordingly. Finally, we spent time gathering sample data for the computer vision, so that we would have data for labeling and testing purposes. We met up to record video samples of our hot pot ingredients so that we would have video to test our implementation on.

We are currently on schedule for our project. We are still light on implementation specifics so it has not been an issue staying on track.

For our following week, I am planning on getting most of the CAD for our strainer mechanism done. This would include choosing motors and strainers for our project and using them to model our movement mechanism. This would hopefully enable me to start prototyping and revising our design in the weeks following.