Logan Kojiro Weekly Status Report (3/13/21)

This week pending changes in hardware design I did further research into the Stanford ball shooting robots, the new parts we need for the DC motors, and got a lot of framing work done in software.  I wrote the serial input function to the Arduino and placeholder functions that will probably need some tuning of values for angle and velocity adjustment. I also ran through my derivation of the kinematics equations again that I did a while back to double check they were right before anything got put in software. For hardware testing, I dug up an old Arduino and motors I had from the fun with robots StuCo to get a preliminary test setup. Plus, it would be nice if these motors worked for us so we don’t have to order anything extra. JP also pushed a bunch of code earlier in the week that I’ve been looking through to make sure I understand what he’s doing as well. I need to dig out my Dremel tomorrow but I plan on doing some testing with using PWM straight on these motors to see what kind of velocity we can get out of them. If we can eliminate the need for an additional external power supply and only have a single one powering the Jetson, powering the Arduino and the motors that would be ideal to reduce the final footprint of the electronics in our project. With a light week of other coursework next week after emerging from midterm season, I’m exited that that hardware is starting to come together and am looking forward to seeing the