Aarohi’s Status Update for April 11

Aarohi’s Status Update for April 11

Progress

This week I continued work on the display/GUI and introduced a top level module so that the translator (reads in input from the master tile, TODO, interpreter and the display can interact). The top level module is very simple for now, but I have yet to add the deserialization code to it. I will see if this deserialization is more suited to a different module (translation) or whether it should happen in the top level itself.

As for the GUI, I added a box for the output of the interpreter and errors. Additionally, if there is an error, the tile that is causing the error is highlighted in red in the output. I decided to do this based on feedback in the proposal presentation about making debugging easier for the user.

Schedule

I am a little behind schedule for implementing functions, but on schedule for a workable demo by the deadline. I’d rather focus on deserialization so we have working tiles before adding the functions (focus on MVP), so I will work on that by the end of the weekend, and then if time, get to implementing functions in one variable.

Goals for next week:

1. Deserialization of master tile communication.
  2. Function implementation in the interpreter