Aarohi’s Status Update for March 21

Aarohi’s Status Update for March 21

Progress

This week we worked on modifying our project to fit the new COVID-19 remote protocol. Since Eric and Melodee will be at the same location the rest of the semester, our project on a whole does not change as much, but since my laptop does not communicate with the robot, the interpreter (my portion) will be modified. Instead of communicating output and input from the robot, the interpreter will output to a laptop with simple print statements. Additionally, I will be creating a GUI to visualize the CodeBlox running when “play” is pressed and the interpreter is running, in order to improve the debugging experience for the user.

This week I worked on importing the interpreter from Arduino C to python. This turned out to be a hefty amount of code, so I adjusted the Gantt chart to allow for 7 days for smooth running of the interpreter, and features can be added when that is done so that we have a smooth running demo.

Schedule

I modified the schedule on the Gantt chart to reflect the changes above. I am currently on schedule to finish importing the code by tomorrow.

Goals for next week:

1. Finish importing code to python.
  2. Implement error checking
  3. Edit the testing apparatus wrote previously to include deserialization of the stream coming from the master tile. If I feel like I am falling behind this week, I will give this task to Melodee and Eric, since most of the code has already been written.