Joy’s Status Update for 2020-02-22

My tasks for the week:

• Talk to team members about the design.
  • Order parts and talk to the right people about fabrication credits for the team.
  • Figure out with Kenny how the gearing will integrate with the rest of the mount.
  • CAD the mount in more detail.
  • If time: start on object tracking demo.

What I did this week:

• Figured out how to attach the compensator gearbox to the rest of the mount. We plan to hold the gears in place within an acrylic box with threaded rods, bearings, nuts, and spacers.
  • CAD the mount in more detail. [ todo insert image ]
  • Work out a more detailed parts list, down to screw sizes etc. [ todo screenshot the spreadsheet ]
  • Worked on design slides with team.

My progress:

• I am somewhat behind.
  • I didn’t order parts or get information about fabrication credits for the team. This is bad because it pushes back when we can start on mechanical construction.
  • I also hoped to start on the object tracking demo. I didn’t.

Next week:

• I would like to catch up on ordering parts and getting information about fabrication credits.
  • I would like to start on the object tracking demo. Like Kenny did this week, in Week 7, I will be installing OpenCV (locally, not on the Pi yet). I will be attempting to create a demo for object tracking. I will test it with video samples. Currently, I don’t know what kind of quantitative result would be considered “passing,” but the purpose of this software prototype is to figure out how small the resolution of the images can be before the performance of the object tracking decreases dramatically.