Jade’s Status Report for Apr 11

On Monday I worked on cleaning up the socket interface code. I wrote read and write functions for both the server and the client.

On Wednesday I worked on integrating socket code into our program, this consisted of creating a new main file for the pi and modifying some of the user program on the ML side. I also worked on installing the packages needed for the ML code on the pi in a last ditch attempt to get the ML code running on the pi. The ML package installs did not work, so we will be running the ML code on the laptop and passing data to the pi.

On Friday I worked on integrating the storytelling program with the socket code with Ashika. Ashika and I got the program working to the point where you can type inputs to the pi and get them to be passed to the laptop and the laptop will pass back the next line of dialog. The storytelling program works when all inputs are match, but sometimes the communication protocol gets messed up and will hang when there are timeout or unknown word errors.

I am behind because integration is taking far longer than I thought. Mostly I am behind because I need to make sure the socket code works well and won’t hang, I also need to make sure that the socket code also works with audio inputs.

Next week I will work on making sure that the socket code won’t hang as well as ensuring that the whole audio input/output system works during the storytelling process.