Jade’s Status Update for May 2

This week I worked on getting audio latency metrics for our presentation on Monday as well as working on updating our paper and recording segments for our final demo video.

On Sunday I realized I had to remeasure system latency because I realized that because a lot of the functions that I was running were library functions for which I couldn’t easily measure the latency of. Also with measuring the time directly in the software we couldnt get the latency of exactly when the user stopped talking and because we always record three seconds of audio from the user. In addition I wanted to measure differences in latency between whether user input was expected and when it wasn’t needed. So, in order to accurately measure latency, I recorded myself using KATbot 5 times then used Audacity to measure the latency between when the user stops talking to when KATbot says the next line of dialog. Below is an example of a measurement:

Here are the results I got from the analysis:

Type Min Max Average
User 1.981 7.582 2.578860465
Non User 3.658 9.273 4.840185185
All Latencies 1.981 9.273 3.848989796

The rest of the week I worked on updating the report and recorded a segment for the video.

I am on track for this week.

For this upcoming week I need to work on finishing the final report.