Ashika’s Status Update for May 2

Ashika’s Status Update for May 2

At the start of the week, apart from presenting on Monday, I finished getting the story cohesion data and adding them to the final presentation and final report:

Variable Random Input Stories User Generated Stories Original Stories
Logical Sense 1.6 4.0 8.4
Theme 5.0 6.13 8.4
Genre 5.4 6.0 8.4
Narrator 5.2 6.47 8.4
Style 5.0 6.4 8.4
Total 22.2 29.0 42.0

I spent the rest of the week working on the final report and the final video. For the final report, I started with the design report and added in any changes to the design, all the tradeoffs I explored, the results of the metrics I tested for, and part of the summary section. With a day or two more of editing, we should be done with the report.

For the video, I had Abha shoot all the footage of the robot (since she has the robot), and all of us provided audio voiceovers. I’m currently editing the video, and I have about the first half done. I also designed the logo at the top of the page 🙂

The video outline is as follows (subject to change):

~ 1 min: intro

~ 1.5 min: robot + components (displays and arms)

~ 1.5 min: sockets and audio components

~ 1.5 min: special story features (error detection, synonym generation, etc.)

~ 5 min: complete story

For the audio, we are using KATbot’s stories and voiceovers from each of us explaining our respective components. For the visuals, we are using short clips of the robot, pictures of the diagram with parts labeled, and video of the text display as KATbot tells the story. Here are some stills from the video: