Lahari’s Status Report for 9/25/21

This past week, our proposal presentation occurred on Wednesday, so I spent the first half of the week practicing. Mainly I familiarized myself with the slides and focused on explaining our visuals and calculations in an organized manner. Our group received feedback regarding the slides yesterday via Slack. Overall, some helpful questions were brought up both in the comments and in the Q/A portion of the presentation. For example, whether we were considering other steering systems and the tradeoffs associated with them. In turn, I am researching other methods of steering like compressed air, and how they would affect the device’s weight and robustness (against weather and other confounding variables).

After the proposal presentation we ordered some parts to try out. Namely, we ordered one directional antenna and a chip to control the signal reception on the antenna. We expect to be able to compute RSSI and find out the range of our directional antenna. Hopefully, these items will meet the needs of our perception task.