Vishal’s Status Update 10/24/20

The past two weeks I have been working on creating the custom timed workouts as well as wrapping up the calculations for calories burned + average heart rate.

For calories burned I did a bit of research in terms of the MET (Metabolic equivalents) for various workouts. From my research I found that push ups are have a MET value of 7.55, leg raises have an MET 2.23 and Lunges have a MET value of 2.80. I used the following formula to calculate the aaverage calories burned as well as heart rate in the code:

I was able to complete this section and it will accurately reflect how many calories are burned. I also take into account during rest sections that the MET value will decrement at rate of 20% per minute.

In terms of the timed workout I was not able to fully finish them as I had anticipated as I had a very rough schedule this week (midterms etc.) and not too much time to finish. I have all the necessary media, models and templates at this point to finish but still have a few more buttons and pages to add. I will be finishing this by Monday (10/26) at the latest and will be almost ready for integration.

I have also begun researching the way that the data will be stored more in depth so that it can be tied into the application. SQLite will be adequate and be a safe way to store the data in a relation manner. I have the function headers for storing the workout data setup but will be adding that in, this upcoming week.

As I had a tough week I am about half week behind my schedule but will definitely be able to catch up, as my other classes had midterms and I will now be able to put my full effort/time into the application and UI. I anticipate some time will be required to integrate with the UART protocol as well as the posture analysis so I will also begin prepping for that.