Nakul Status Report #5

I started the last week with intention of setting up a base infrastructure to start a lot of core development in the upcoming week. When looking into infrastructure setup, I realized that we needed to dig deeper into the backend design such that we understand the handling of the OpenPose data stream as well as requests made by the Frontend or a pi. This led to me asking the TA’s for assistance and they recommended looking into the KAFKA protocol. Thus, I spent a lot of this week refreshing my understanding of building threaded HTTP servers and how I may be able to incorporate a KAFKA protocol. I have settled on having a threaded HTTP server with a thread per connection (4 connections — pi, phone, kinesis, classifier). As for the OpenPose data stream, that will be handled through a separate Workout Analyzer server. Core logistic server will handle Pi requests and Frontend requests. The HTTP server will ferry requests on to the right handler.

In the next week, I need to go back to the infrastructure setup and finish it up. It was put into motion last week, but I want to have a very basic HTTP server running on a domain that I can ping. This will hopefully happen early in the week as it was supposed to be done by the end of last week. I am a bit behind schedule because of that extra design dive, but I am confident that I can double my efforts in the next two weeks to catch up.