Ronit’s Status Report for 2/24/2024

Tasks accomplished this week

This week, I primarily worked on the design review presentation and prepared myself to present our project design. I worked on the slides with my partners, which involved revisiting the flowchart, adding relevant diagrams, and curating content (7+ hours). I also practiced giving the presentation (2+ hours).

I also continued some work on the leader server of the distributed CV server. I implemented logic to break a video stream down into frames (4+ hours), and I wrote test cases to make sure this was working well with the load balancer (1+ hour). However, I still need to write code for integrating the YOLOv5 algorithm. I did some research (1+ hour) on how to do so and what alternate object detection algorithms potentially are better.

Progress

I am a little bit behind on my progress, as I hoped to have the object detection algorithm integrated by now. However, I will work next week to get back on track so that the server is complete before the design review report.

Deliverables for next week

There was a release of the YOLOv9 object detection algorithm this week, which is faster and more accurate, so I might look into integrating that and if it would be feasible. I would like to complete full server testing and integrate the object detection module. I also would work on finishing up the design review report with my partners.