Ronit’s Status Report for 4/27/2024

Tasks accomplished this week

This week, I worked on the final presentation with my partners (6+ hours). This involved writing out the slides, getting images from our rover and from overall testing, and changing some of the block diagrams to reflect our new system design.

I also heavily worked on scenario testing with David and Nina (4+ hours). This involved running repeated tests with humans in different positions with the search pattern. During these scenario tests, we tested offsets between laser and human’s position, latency, rover movement, and overall functionality.

I also implemented some logic in changing the communication with the rover to include y-axis angle turns to point the laser at the person (2+ hours). This involved some more trigonometric calculations and changes in the file creation on the RaspberryPi for rover movement. I also looked into whether we should implement obstacle detection using an ultrasonic sensor even though it isn’t a part of our use case requirement (2+ hours). If it would be possible to execute such a program, we might look into implementing it if we have enough time after testing.

I believe I am on track, and our testing results are successfully meeting a lot of our design goals. Slight improvements are needed in the system before the final demo, and I am confident we will achieve our goals.

Deliverables for next week

To wrap up the capstone, for next week, I will work intently on making sure our scenario test is well designed and demoed. I will also work on the poster and final report with my partners.