Jae’s Status Report for 4/13/24

This week, I spent some time discovering what track configuration would be best suited for our final demo. It took some trial and error but we wanted to include a loop of some sort, which means there has to be track elevation as well. We decided on the one I included a picture of in the team report. Additionally, I spent most of the week scaling the object tracking code to take in 3 camera inputs and control 3 motors. The final system we hope to have must have 4 cameras and motors, so I need to scale it up one more. I was also able to replace the multi-connected jumper wires with single long ones to clean it up. This took a good amount of time… since these have to run the length of the track for each motor. However, I haven’t changed the content of the code yet to make the tracking smoother, and this is something I plan to do this weekend.

My progress is somewhat on schedule. I think next week will look a bit busy, but I think it is doable.

I wish to scale up the system to 4 cameras/motors and basically have the final demo running, although a bit buggy.

I haven’t really used too many new tools. Most of the work I had to do was simple in the way that I was able to do it using my own knowledge. Like arduino code, python, servo library, soldering, … Actually, I think one thing I found helpful that I’m embarrassed to say I didn’t fully know before was git. I was able to really understand how branches worked and how to merge correctly. This took up a good amount of time in our integration, but I’m glad to have learned how to use git.