Gary’s Status Report for 10 Feb 2024

Earlier this week, I worked with my teammates to review possible paths to follow for our energy harvesting design, and also worked on composing a purchasing list for our initial prototypes.

Later in the week, I started working on the breadboard prototype for the watch, along with the firmware: most of this time (around 9 hours) has gone into setting up our build environment and debugging the peripherals we need to use in the firmware. So far the display is implemented, and I’m also currently working on the UART for the GPS and the real-time clock. I am a little bit behind schedule as we had originally planned for me to finish with the breadboard prototype this week, but we’d failed to account for when we’d be able to order parts. However, I don’t think this should be an issue since I’ve been using my time to get ahead on the firmware (my task for next week), and progress should be faster on said firmware with Twain helping next week. Once the remaining parts we need for the breadboard prototype arrive (mainly the GPS), it should be pretty quick to finish the prototype (the wiring is pretty much just a few UART lines) so we can start testing the power systems.