Varun’s Status Report for 3/30

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

This week was mostly spent into integrating the JPEG decoder into the pipeline and debugging issues that arose. Another big piece of the puzzle that I had missed was converting the decoded YCbCr output of the JPEG pipeline back into RGB.
This was fairly tricky to implement as this required a lot of floating point computation. I had to work on pipelining the design so that I could actually fit the design onto the FPGA. There are about 28 18×18 multipliers available on the FPGA, each pixel required about 4 of the 18×18 multipliers so I had to make sure to find a way to sufficiently parallelize/sequentially the decoding to use the multipliers the most appropriately.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will betaken to catch up to the project schedule?

As of right now, I am on schedule so I’m not worried about my progress. Though it will be a little tight to get everything in for the interim demo.

I plan on hopefully getting everything sorted out for the interim demo.