Michael’s Status Report 3/30

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? 

For this week, I got the performance of the JPEG pipeline working at a sufficient level to enable 10fps streaming and verified it using wireshark. Since integration has not yet happened, I used the hotspot of my phone to act as an access point and have the ESP32 join that access point. I also then joined my computer with wireshark. The ESP32 was then commanded to send data to my computer via the phone’s access point. When the packet reached the laptop, the time was noted down for measurement purposes. Since the maximal transmission unit is 1500 bytes, there is a need for packet fragmentation. Therefore, to measure the time correctly, those packet fragments must be discarded. The picture below is the measurement result showing that we are able to hit a frame interval of about 100ms which corresponds to 10fps. 

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

Currently on schedule

For next week, I will begin integration with Neelansh for the receiving node. The remote node is now functionally complete with the only thing that is missing being the detection of movement using the luminance channel data.