Neelansh’s Status Report 2/17/2024

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or
photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put
sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

This week was not a lot of physical work, but more so about planning and ideating. We finalized the components we need, and started preparing for the design presentation
next week. I am working on the ESP32 on the receiver node, and consequently spent my time going over data sheets and doing mathematical calculations to finalize the hardware necessary. I also worked on researching the existing tool chains present and how they can be incorporated into our solution.
I then spent time making a basic timeline for my own part, and designing the initial structure of the receiver node, along with the coding components. I spent time writing basic code for the decoding part on the receiver node, and spent time researching online for existing solutions, so I could differentiate ours from them and get the best parts from the existing ones.
I and my teammates also met Professor Tamal and Jason, our TA this week and finalized our plans for the upcoming few weeks.
We also spent time figuring out what products to order for an initial order so that we can start testing, and ended up placing an order for a few items.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

We are currently on schedule and are waiting for the products to come so that we can start testing.

For next week, we plan on giving the design presentation on either Monday or
Wednesday, and also will be doing basic testing on initial products, to be able to give a better representation of what our final product is going to look like. I will also be getting the Tool chain setup finalized and ready.