Oscar’s Status Report for Apr 22th

• What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or
    photos that demonstrate your progress.

I was trying to integrate the radio chips with my synthesizer last week. However, I could not get them to work. I have checked that they are neither faulty nor my Arduino Nano. Also, since they worked when Yuqi tested them with Arduino Uno and bypass capacitors, I think the problem lies with the Arduino Nano’s current draw limit. I think the radio chip might need to draw current directly from the batteries, instead of from the Nano.

Update (Sunday, 4/23)

After some debugging, the radio chips are working and they can be powered directly by the Nanos. Here’s a demo video. Although in the video, the Nanos are powered by USB cables, we’ve also verified that they can be powered by two 3.7 LiPO batteries in series. Since the radio chip now works when using shorter wires to connect them and the Nanos, I think that it was the long wires and the breadboard that I previously used that caused too much noise.

• Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be
    taken to catch up with the project schedule?

I am behind schedule. I thought I could debug and integrate the radio circuits with my synthesizer this week. To make up for the progress, I will meet with Yuqi tomorrow and fix the radio circuits.

• What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

I hope to debug and integrate the radio circuits and build one glove next week.