Yasser’s Status Report for 03/11/23

For this status report, I accomplished finishing writing the design report for our project. Specifically, I was tasked with writing the design requirements, design trade studies for the facial detection models and camera, as well as the system implementation dealing with the calibration process and computer vision. For the system implementation, I also added diagrams and flow charts detailing the overall process of how the computer vision algorithms will detect whether a driver is attentive or distracted. Furthermore, I was also tasked with quoting my sources for the information I was responsible for writing.

My progress is behind schedule. By this week, I should’ve already had the eye and mouth detection algorithms coded. However, this has not been accomplished since most of my attention was geared towards writing the design document. As a result, the actions that must be taken in order to catch up must be to focus on the eye and mouth detection code and get it done mid week. Afterwards, I’ll aim to get started on the calibration step code and the classification. There is also a 3 week buffer embedded into our Gantt schedule so this buffer could also be used to offset my delay.

In the next week, I aim to have the eye and mouth detection code written, as well as getting started on the calibration step and classification. If possible, finishing the latter two will be great and get me up to speed.