Erik Feldmann’s Status Report 03/11/2023

The week prior to spring break was a busy one. All of our original parts that we had ordered had finally arrived, Including our IMU and RFID scanner, so it was time to get testing. However with the looming due date of our design report, writing for the report ended up taking the majority of my time. We also determined that our RFID tags we had purchased were incompatible with our scanner, however CJ was able to find some smaller tags that should do the trick just fine.

I believe our progress is right on track, our slip up with the RFID tag should be no problem, as there is no real fine tuning needed for individual tags that would be very time consuming. We can get an order out for the new tags this upcoming week and be good to go. My one concern is that I will be gone for the entire week next week for my last swim meet of the season. This will put more of a burden on CJ and Seaver, but they are both productive and capable teammates, who should be able to make up for my absence.

Since I will be on the road in North Carolina all week, I will be very limited in the work I will be able to accomplish. So I will not be able to do any hardware testing or integrations. However when I find free time, I will try to continue my work on the webApp, since that is work that I can do remotely on my laptop.