Caroline’s Status Report for 3/18/23

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files orphotos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

This week, I set up a simple circuit to test the sensitivity of the pressure sensors we purchased. At the time of this status report, I am currently writing the code to test the sensors, so that when more than 50g of pressure is sensed, the light will turn on. This is the initial test to see if the sensors work correctly.

In addition to this, I have downloaded and set up Kivy and Xcode so that we are able to start writing the interface for the app next week. I also familiarized myself with the platforms so that I am comfortable to start writing code for it next week.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I believe that we are slightly behind schedule because the pressure sensor testing should have been done before/during spring break. However, because this step isn’t crucial to the progression of our project, I am able to continue it on the side while also working on the interface with Nish.What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

Next week, I will continue to stress test the pressure sensors and create a series of LED lights, each corresponding with a range of pressures (50g to 2g) to see how sensitive the sensors are.

I also hope to write some basic code in Kivy and Xcode so we can have an app interface complete before interim demos.