Caroline’s Status Report for 2/25/2023

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files orphotos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

In the past week, I worked with the rest of my group to finalize our design presentation. In addition to this, I ordered a pair of pressure sensors to test on: 

We chose these sensors because they are lightweight and aren’t bulky. We hope that they will not interfere with the user’s finger movements and will not seem noticeable. We hope to test for its reactiveness and functionality to see if they will be the best sensors to use. Although these pressure sensors might not be the exact model of sensors we are going to use for our final product, we are using these to test our components and CV.  This allows for modularity in our system, so if one sensor breaks, it is easy to replace, without having to disrupt the whole system. I will design our PCB around this so it is convenient to replace.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

Currently, I believe that our progress is on schedule. We aimed to have all of our parts ordered by this weekend and we are finalizing and ordering any remaining parts by tomorrow.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

In the next week, I hope to create the breadboard for our PCB and order the PCB before spring break starts. This would allow us to not waste time waiting for the PCB to arrive.