Lee’s Status Report for 2/18/2023

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

Over the past week, I worked with my group and speaking with Tamal and Professor Sullivan regarding our project change to our new idea of our AR piano. I expressed many concerns and thoughts about the new project idea which gave us the necessary ability to address many of the caveats that came along with this change. Lastly, I helped take the information discussed in a google doc which was divided up into sections in the abstract to creating a rough draft of the slideshow presentation for the design review.  Here are some example slides below of my work:

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

Due to changing our project idea, our progress is a bit behind. We worked this week to ensure that our design idea was fleshed out and thorough to get back to the same pace as the design from our original idea. Because our idea is more simple and has less complexity, it also means there will be less confusion amongst group members as well as a more cohesive design review presentation.

For the next week, I plan on working on the peer review forms for the presentations next week. I am also eager to await for the feedback on our design review presentation so we can also make the necessary changes to our project too before we dig ourselves a hole we cannot get out of. In the meantime, I also plan on working on my side of the Gantt scheduling for my part of the project.

Please list the particular ECE courses (if any) that covered the engineering science and mathematics principles your team used to develop your design ? If there are no courses please tells us how you learned those principles over the last week ?

For our project, the courses 16-385 (Computer vision), 18-220 (Circuits), 18-349 (Embedded Systems) covered the main science and mathematical concepts and principles for our design.