Caroline’s Status Report for 12/18/2023

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files orphotos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

In the past week, we decided to change our project idea, so I helped research more different types of distance sensors that could fit onto people’s fingers. Due to the fact that we changed our project idea, I created a new GANTT chart to accurately reflect our new project. I also ordered some pressor sensors that we want to use so that we could be on track next week. In addition, I helped create slides for the design review next week.

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

I believe that we are currently a bit behind schedule because, in our new GANTT chart, we aimed to have finished our breadboarding by this week, but we have not finished ordering or have not received the necessary parts that we need for our project. In order to combat this, we will be starting on other tasks simultaneously while we wait for our parts to arrive.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

In the next week, we hope to have a preliminary demonstration of how our pressure sensors can work and how we can use the CV to track fingers.

Please list the particular ECE courses (if any) that covered the engineering science and mathematics principles your team used to develop your design? If there are no courses please tell us how you learned those principles over the last week?

I will be using the information and content that I learned from 18220, 18021, and 18290 for our project.