Jack’s Status Report for 3/18/2023

• Week recap
    • Ordered wifi module for Jetson Xavier AGX. This will allow remote control and monitoring.
    • While we wait for the wifi module to arrive, I setup the backup Jetson Xavier NX. The NX comes with a wifi module installed, so I was able to ssh into it over CMU-SECURE right away.
    • Installed ROS onto Xavier NX
    • Used the python modules pycreate2 + sshkeyboard to control the Roomba over ssh.
    • Installed Hector SLAM onto the Xavier NX
    • Used Hector SLAM to map HH1307 with team. When attempting to map nearby the windows of the room, the map became very inaccurate as it could not identify the window as a wall.  We were using tethered driving to map, so we had to follow the robot closely, which may have impeded its mapping accuracy. Now that I have remote control working, we will attempt mapping again to see if the issue persists. I also want to test our alternative LiDAR sensor (Intel l515) to see if it has the same issue.
    • Completed ethics assignment.
  • Schedule
    • Did not start navigation, as I focused on getting the NX setup, and getting remote movement working. I’m going to work on navigation this Sunday with the team to make up on time.
  • Deliverables
    • Setup wifi module on Xavier AGX once it is delivered
    • Get navigation bring up ready.