Korene Tu’s Status Report 3/11

We’ve decided to buy some new products for wireless charging and in terms of the project we’ll be figuring out the protocols of connecting the keys to the MCU to the computer, in which case more embedded programming is necessary to learn how to clarify and how that works in practice.

Majority of the week was spent on the design review reports and organizing the plan of what we had up until now. Through writing the design review, I figured out where we were in our budget which may be a concern but can now be warier of how to spend our budget. In addition, writing out the whole plan thus far helps to figure out where any more vague plans were vs. what we can easily explain was well thought out.

Afterward, I drafted a drawn plan of the 3D housing for the keys and saw what interlocking method we would use(snap-to-fit cantilever joints), and estimated the size. Overall, in order to have a snug fit we’ll probably have about 5% more room than needed from a tight fit to be looser.

I made a quick table of what capacitors would be needed to have what frequency for the inductor coils which are.

Overall some difficulties are figuring out the microcontroller next and waiting for some parts. Maybe some time crunch but now that we’re over the first half of buying items we can continue onwards.