David’s Status Report for 4/8/2023

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).

I was able to get the output reports working on the HID controller. This means that we will be able to get the left and right handed mode working, as well as the calibration protocol. This was not working at first because I forgot to include the output declaration in the USB HID report descriptor. In addition, I realized that using output reports rather than feature reports were easier to implement since there are many examples of them online (e.g., keyboard HIDs).

Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be taken to catch up to the project schedule?

Progress is on schedule.

What deliverables do you hope to complete in the next week?

This week, I plan to complete integration with left/right handed mode and calibration, as well as start some testing.

Now that you are entering into the verification and validation phase of your project, provide a comprehensive update on what tests you have you run or are planning to run. In particular, how will you analyze the anticipated measured results to verify your contribution to the project meets the engineering design requirements or the use case requirements?

I am planning to run tests on end to end latency as well as the usability and responsiveness of the HID commands to macro conversions on the host computer. I will analyze the responsiveness of the HID commands by running them end to end from the glove to the host computer. In addition, I will also test whether the largest possible magnitude of each command is a reasonable amount. These two will match directly to usability and latency requirements on the original report.