Angel’s Status Report for 4/16

This week, I added breath control inputs into the program that plays the flute sounds. Previously, it was only depending on the fingerings. This allows me to test playing different octaves of notes, as well as testing duration/start/stopping of playing those notes. I also started looking into how time the latency of the flow of data, specifically the bluetooth portion, as we have metrics for this. I also talked with Judenique about what format she would like the data in the text file to be in for easier reading from the web application, and changed that in my code as well.

Next week, I plan to help Vivian cut out a portion of the PVC to fit the breath controller, and also work with her for calibrating the different ranges needed on the breath sensor to denote blowing soft, hard, or not hard enough to produce a note. I also plan to continue looking into how to time the bluetooth latency. I started looking into it this week but was not able to find any existing methodology to do so. I know the baud rate that the devices are communicating through, but don’t think that is enough for testing metrics. I also plan to start writing in text needed for the site to flesh it out.