Goran’s Status Report – 2/26/22

For this week our group worked on both our Design Review and continuing our work from the earlier week. We spent a lot of time working on detailing out specifics for our projects, which included constraints, requirements, behaviors, algorithms etc. This week I continued work on our rerouting implementation, but after going through our design review and hearing feedback, I started to think about the actual usability of our rerouting design. Right now simply using  traffic lights to control traffic does not seem to be very useful in rerouting as one it doesn’t give a lot of information and two we have no way of knowing the general path of the individual drivers. We are still thinking of ways we can include our rerouting work into our final project, so as of now I have decided to continue on this general trajectory and think about how I can fine tune it to be more useful. Below is a block diagram of our intial thoughts towards rerouting. I have also compiled a map showing travels times driving from a central location in Helsinki. This shows us how quickly one can travel in between different points of Helsinki. One way we can pivot our rerouting work is to be able to create maps showing updated travel times based on an input location and having that appear on a website, up to date with added lane closures etc.

.