Keaton’s status report 4/2

On Friday, I discovered that my hardware wasn’t working. Taken from my post to general chat general chat:

I unplugged the ribbon from the camera module, just to see if I could, for purposes of potentially using a 15 pin CSI to 21 pin CSI-2 ribbon. When doing this, I accidentally reinserted the ribbon upside down. After realizing my mistake, I fixed it, but it no longer worked. I assumed at this point that the camera module was bricked, and used our spare, which also didn’t work. At this point, I assumed that I had bricked the CSI port, so we got another RPI from Quin (ty so much Quin). However, the new RPI still didn’t work with either camera module.

There was a little bit of floundering, but (as of 3PM on Apr 2nd) I’ve since gotten a new RPI/camera combination that does work, and will be using this for the demo. I don’t think the slightly different fisheye lens will have a significant impact, but I do have some concerns regarding the pixel diff. As I’m unable to securely attach the camera to a single unmoving position, we do get some fairly large areas of change just due to noise:

Overall, I’m pretty sure everything will be alright for the demo, but I definitely need to invest some time today/Monday to be sure . While I was waiting on backup hardware, I did some minor stuff, such as updating the gantt chart, and I did some bootstrap CSS on a few of the Django HTML templates. Overall, this was a pretty crap week in terms of progress, which comes on the heels of another pretty crap week. I definitely expect to be putting in some time during carnival weekend to fix these issues, and catch up on my work.