Spandan’s Status Report for 04/16

This week I was able to recover on my progress affected due to getting the flu last week. Below are listed all the different things I worked on this week:

• Along with Tushhar, I soldered the sensors to wires and also the components to perfboard. Since we are going with using two different FSR’s for the parallel orientation for a single button, this took a lot of our time as we soldered 10 FSR’s. For the pictures of the soldering, kindly refer to the pictures on Tushhar’s post.
  • I stuck these FSR’s to the back of the five wooden buttons and also attached support  (EVA foam) on each corners of the wooden squares to make them stable while being stepping on.
  • I learned sewing on a machine and came up with a plan for the construction of the mat. The Velcro’s have arrived and I have noted down the availability of the Techspark guide who can assist us if anything goes wrong.

I am on schedule so far and this week, I will be finishing the mat construction as well as work on the final presentation slides.