Tushhar’s Status Report for 04/02

For this week, I was able to work further on the plates of the mat and have the Arduino communicate with the python program. This was especially the focus as it also allowed to have something ready to show for the interim demo.

I was able to laser cut the files from last week. We have decided to use Masonite as the material for our plate and Z shape. Furthermore, our discussion with the professor and TA helped me realize that ends of the Z-shape could be left open to allow the sensor to fold. The files for laser cutting will be adjusted accordingly.

Fortunately, the Arduino Leonardo with headers arrived at the start of the week. Not only did that allow me to test the Arduino program but also integrate it to Python programs with the help of Caio. The testing was first done with lever switches replicating the different arrows.

This testing helped me find out errors and fix my Arduino file. Once it was working on the Arduino Serial Monitor, we tried it out with Caio’s game screen and made further changes to the Arduino file including accounting for holding down the button and setting thresholds. The new file and picture of our testing is down below.

https://github.com/CaioA1516/Capstone/blob/main/ardToRaspPi.ino

Lastly, Spandan and I were able to make one plate integrated with the FSR. We have tested it with Caio’s game screen and will have it ready for the Interim Demo. In terms of progress, a good amount of work was done this week. Since I wasn’t able to make the circuit layout this week, I plan to make it next week. I will also laser cut pieces for rest of the mat, as well as get started on soldering some FSRs.