Tushhar’s Status Report for 03/26

For this week, I was unable to continue to test the Arduino program with the Python minigame as the Arduino Leonardo board we ordered has still not arrived. However, the materials for the mat arrived. Therefore, I was able to work on some of the things we need for that.

Upon discussing some points on what we need to do for the mat, one of the first steps that we need to get done is laser cutting the correct plate shape and size, as well as a Z shape for the FSR. I was able to take measurements and model it on Solidworks. The pictures below shows what I have been able to make so far.

The second picture is the Z shape. The following 3 pictures is the Z shape broken down into pieces so that it can be laser cut more easily without waste. This was an informed decision. Using a whole 1 ft by 1 ft board per Z shape would not only waste a lot of materials but also be expensive. Breaking it down eliminates this issue. Since this is a busy week for me, I wasn’t able to do more. However, I can make much more progress now with the mat materials here.

Next week, I am aim to laser cut the pieces in the picture above and test the configuration of the mat with the necessary layers just for one square. I will also make a layout for the wires in the circuit layer. Furthermore, I am hoping to test the Arduino file when the Arduino Leonardo arrives. Any other things I will do will depend on further discussions about building the mat with my team.