Kanon’s Status Report for 4/24

This week, I focused on improving the webUI and backend algorithm based on the survey that I took two weeks ago. Our initial design of our website always showed current greenhouse information (i.e. temperature) under “User Settings” box. However, this is very confusing because even if the user saves the new settings, it will always show the current greenhouse information. Professor Gary and some of our survey results also pointed this flaw out, so I created another data model to save user settings. Now the users can actually see their most recent settings under User Settings. The users should now able to turn off/on light through the website, but Hiroko and I did not have time to check this out yet. There was a minor bug related to changing temperature unit, so I also fixed that issue.

Below is how our current website looks like.

Next week, once Hiroko is done setting up her hardwares in the junction box, we will meet up to test the communication between hardware-software once again. Sarah is also coming to setup the CV equipment at Hiroko’s place next week, so we will figure out how we should post the video onto our frontend. So far, I am on schedule, but assembling everything does seems a bit difficult, and I am also getting my secondĀ pfizer shot (which seems to have a bad side effect), so I will try to have a head start as soon as possible.