Kanon’s Status Report for 4/10

This week, I first worked on deploying our website onto EC2 because I was supposed to do this last week. I had a bit of trouble doing this because I had to set up boto3 library and AWS CLI on EC2 instance. I kept getting a boto3 error which made me unable to set up my database model. However, after working for a while, I was able to set them up. I still need to set up apache and check if DynamoDB works successfully.

I also conducted a survey with 5 people. It seems like the website was still buggy and 2 people had a problem logging in with GoogleOAuth. I might take this away depending on whether I can find the specific bug corresponding to OAuth. Most of them liked the simple design of the website and found it very easy to navigate through the page. However, they also pointed out that there can be some improvements made such as letting the user enter the value directly instead of letting them use the slide bar.

I think I am still a bit behind schedule. Even though I have an experience of deploying a website through EC2, because I am using AWS CLI and DynamoDB for the database, the deployment process is more complicated that I expected it to be.

Next week, I will continue working on deployment by setting up apache and checking if the DynamoDB works correctly. I will also set up a simple notification script by using Twilio API.