Reid’s Status Report for 5/8/21

This week I mainly worked on getting everything ready for our final video and report. I worked on the poster and helped with final debugging before we shoot our final video in the car tomorrow. Both the poster and raw video should be finished by tomorrow. I conducted some final tests to make sure our speed limit functions worked. We tweaked our API call to be more accurate to our exact location, since before we were using a set bounding box off of our known location, but we now just supply one coordinate to get one mph reading, which simplifies our system. I also found and added the PIDs for DTC (diagnostic trouble codes) to be shown as warning lights on the web application to substitute for the missing steering wheel codes we could not find. For presentation, I added velcro strips to the box to keep it from moving around in the car and looked into moving the box to underneath the steering wheel compartment to minimize wires interfering with the driver. Our product now looks very presentable with most wires contained within the box.