Sai’s Status Report for 3/20/2021

This past week, I was able to read and learn how to implement the APIs we will be using in our web application.  I came up with a high level algorithm to convert the time stamps of the claps from our application rhythm exercise into notes to display through VexFlow API. I also came up with a high level algorithm to compare the clap time stamps to the expected time stamps to color code music notes using VexFlow API. I attached the code below. 

While writing the design report, I was able to come up with explicit response time requirements for the web application based on an article I read., “Response Times: The Three Important Limits”. .1 seconds for page loads, transitions, clicks, anything that doesn’t require special feedback, and 10 seconds for special feedback.  I created the Django project and added it to our team GitHub repository.  I would say that I’m definitely behind schedule due to the design report taking up a lot of my time, however, writing up the design report definitely helped me clarify a few requirements. For the upcoming week, I plan on coding up with user login and registration pages as well as the base user interface that will be a common template for all of the different web application pages.