Mitchell’s Status Report for April 24

We performed our demo last Wednesday and received overall good feedback from Professor Sullivan and Abha. After the feedback, I implemented the capability to download the transcript as a pdf. It is implemented using reportlab using a file-like buffer to receive PDF data and the Paragraph model to input text. I also setup the basic testing interface template for the Server and Client Tests using getopt for Cambrea to use. For processes that require a sudo command, I used getpass to retrieve and encoded password, so the password is not stored in bashhistory nor in file and piping it into into stdio using the -S flag for the sudo command. I have also started working on the final report presentation slides.

Since we are performing our tests now, if there are any major issues that require an implementation overhaul, we would have to scramble to accomplish it.

This progress is on schedule. We plan to finish the transcript testing on Monday.

Next week I continue to work on the final presentation slides and the final report.