Cambrea’s Status Report for April 10

Last week week I completed the streaming code and AWS server code that is responsible for sending and receiving  audio over the network,.  The ReSpeaker offers a capability of detecting whether a user is speaking, using the is_voice() parameter.   I was testing this capability over the last weekend and found that the output audio using this information is too choppy to be intelligible to the user.   We are currently testing if after we tag the packets as voice and feed those to the transcript, if these packets have enough data to create the transcript.

This week we started integration of each of the systems so we were working on campus in HH D level.  On Monday and Tuesday I added the raspberry pi’s to the cmu device wifi.  We were having issues with connecting the devices to the wifi so we reflashed the OS to the SD cards on the raspberry pi and reconfigured the wifi and it now works on the cmu-device wifi.

On Wednesday we finished the integration between the audio streaming on the audio devices and the transcript generation on the server.  For this integration we are currently using Ellens computer to act as the Server so that we can complete the integration for the demo before migrating to using the AWS Server.  We are currently developing the speaker Identification more to make sure that I works to recognize different speakers.

This week we will start the tests for transcript accuracy, prepare for the demo, and also start the migration to AWS.