Elena’s Status Report for 05/01/2021

This week I worked on tests on the ingredient recognition for image recognition part, and the tests for the recommendation system. For the recommendation system, I built the test queries, tested and collected the accuracy, and add error handlers to the functions. For the ingredient recognition, we had two functions before, one of them is using the “label detection” attribute from API response, another is the “object localization” attribute. We used the second one to get the information of ingredients’ location and calculate the corresponding grid index. During the image tests, I noticed that the object localization response can recognize all ingredients with the correct amount, but sometimes can only label the ingredient as “food”. In order to get a more accurate name of ingredients for our project, I am trying to combine the information we can get from both response attributes to raise the accuracy. I am looking forward to finishing the improvement by this weekend for the presentation.

Another part I worked together with my teammates is the presentation slides. As the presenter, i updated our schedule chart, and participated in the creation of the slides, including parts other than the testing.

I think we are on the track. This week we are integrating our system, and after completing the testing we are generally finishing up the project. Next week I will be finalizing the database for recipes and support my teammates with the integration testing and general improvement.