Eric’s Status Update for 4/11/2020

Eric’s Status Update for 4/11/2020

What did you personally accomplish this week on the project? Give files or photos
that demonstrate your progress. Prove to the reader that you put sufficient effort into
the project over the course of the week (12+ hours).
I helped Melodee to get the firmware working on the tile.  Currently the communication layer appears to be fully working.  The following video demonstrates the tile sending the message 42 to its neighbor and then receiving the message 42 back.
Now we have a working hardware driver and a communication library.  The application code in the above demo is pasted below.  I removed the log statements for brevity.  I am including this to show how easy it will be to place the codeblox application logic on top of the communication layer now that it is working.
Is your progress on schedule or behind? If you are behind, what actions will be
taken to catch up to the project schedule?
We are behind schedule but we should still be able to finish in time.  The firmware is very close to being finished and that is the last technical challenge to overcome.  If the digikey parts arrive soon, we should have just enough time solder 30 tiles together.
Determine what clock speed works best for our hardware.  For debugging purposes, we have only been using a 10Hz data clock.  Now that our communication layer is working, I can start measuring what an acceptable clock speed is.
I also want to put our first 4 tiles in finished enclosures to ease with debugging the firmware.