Aarohi’s Status Update for February 15

Aarohi’s Status Update for February 15

Happy Valentine’s Day and happy first blog post!

At the beginning of this week I worked on getting set up with the Pololu 3pi robot. Since I’m working from a Macbook with USB-C ports, the USB to USB-C adapters interferes with the communication ports with Arduino, which is why I’ve been working out of the HH 1303 lab this week. This is probably not sustainable, so I’ll be looking for a solution where I can work on the Arduino code remotely.

I then worked on getting the preexisting interpreter code working on the 3pi. The preexisting code is hardcoded for the build18 project, so I worked on breaking it down so that it can be generalized based on tile input from the master tile during integration. So far, the robot can move forwards and backwards with a while(true) loop, but it does not respond to a line following program, which I am working on fixing. I also added support for error checking based on a suggestion from one of our peers during the proposal presentation, and currently the 3pi is able to tell the user that an error has been through. So far the type of error thrown has not been configured yet.

Goals for next week:

1. Get the line following program to work with a hardcoded input.
  2. Decipher the types of errors (syntax, semantic and logic) and throw errors appropriately
  3. Create a testing apparatus (in python, output to text file input to arduino code) that transforms codeblox-like tiles into tile numbers that can be parsed in order to simulate actual input from user.
  4. (Maybe) Figure out how to get arduino code working on Macbook.